Mitchell County Health Department:
As we start to enter Phase 1 of the NC reopening plan today at 5pm, we want to remind you that community spread is in our region.
You are still in control of how you protect yourself and others.
So don’t forget to;
• Stay home (unless you have to work)
• Especially stay home when sick
• Social distancing (at least 6 feet)
• Avoid being around sick people
• Shop when stores are not as busy
• Wear a mask when in public places
• Cover your cough or sneeze, or cough/sneeze into your bent elbow
• Wash hands for at least 20 seconds
• If soap and water aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol
• Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces
The reasons for our drive through testing are twofold. First, we want to do our part to increase testing availability, this goes along with our Governors re-opening plan. Secondly, we have had a large percentage of our residents ask for this service. We do our best to serve you and if we can accommodate any request, we try to do so.
We will be conducting drive through testing the Mitchell and Yancey Counties stay tuned and we will provide those dates and times.
Avery- 391 People Tested
105 Negative Results
286 Pending Results
0 Positive Results
Mitchell- 155 People Tested
142 Negative Results
8 Pending Results
5 Total Positive Cases
(Of those 5 total positives, we have 0 active cases, and all 5 have recovered)
Yancey- 169 People Tested
135 Negative Results
27 Pending Results
7 Positive Cases (active cases)