Gov. Cooper and NC Department of Health and Human Services Sec. Mandy Cohen announced that North Carolina will move into Safer at Home Phase 2 on Friday, May 22 at 5 pm. Here’s what that means:
Mitchell County Health Department:
Drive Through Testing Today at Harris Middle School 10am-2pm.
The Mitchell County Health Department will be conducting a DRIVE THROUGH testing site for any citizen of Mitchell County to be tested for COVID-19, regardless of insurance or symptoms.
Starting at 10am to 2pm at Harris Middle School off Greenwood Road.
Community Spread is here, make sure you take control to protect yourself and others.
So don’t forget to;
• Stay home (unless you have to work)
• Especially stay home when sick
• Social distancing (at least 6 feet)
• Avoid being around sick people
• Shop when stores are not as busy
• Wear a mask when in public places
• Cover your cough or sneeze, or cough/sneeze into your bent elbow
• Wash hands for at least 20 seconds
• If soap and water aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol
• Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces
Avery- 501 People Tested
452 Negative Results
48 Pending Results
1 Positive Case
Mitchell- 237 People Tested
222 Negative Results
9 Pending Results
6 Total Positive Cases
(Of those 6 total positives, we have 1 active case, and 5 that have recovered)
Yancey- 553 People Tested
505 Negative Results
38 Pending Results
10 Total Positive Cases
(Of those 10 total positives, we have 2 active cases, and 8 that have recovered)
To ensure that your questions get a timely response, please call your local health department.
Avery Co. Health Department (828)-733-6031
Mitchell Co. Health Department (828)-688-2371
Yancey Co. Health Department (828)-682-6118